Congressional Art Competition
Selection of 2012 Winners
About the Competition
Each spring, the Congressional Institute sponsors a nationwide high school visual art competition to recognize and encourage artistic talent in the nation and in each congressional district. Since the competition began in 1982, more than 650,000 high school students have participated.
Participation in the contest is at the discretion of each Member office. Please contact your representative to confirm your district’s participation and obtain specific guidance.
Students submit entries to their representative’s office, and panels of district artists select the winning entries. Winners are recognized both in their district and at an annual awards ceremony in Washington, DC. The winning works are displayed for one year at the U.S. Capitol.
How to Enter the 2013 Art Competition
- Contact your representative to confirm your district’s participation and obtain specific guidance.
- Review the 2013 Art Competition Guidelines for Students and Teachers.
- Complete the 2013 Student Information/Release Form.
- Follow the Art Submission Checklist.
- Submit to your representative by the deadline specified on their website.