Congressional Art Competition
Stay tuned for the 2017 Winners
About the Competition
Each spring, the Congressional Institute sponsors a nationwide high school visual art competition to recognize and encourage artistic talent in the nation and in each congressional district. Since the Artistic Discovery competition began in 1982, more than 650,000 high school students have participated.
Students submit entries to their representative’s office, and panels of district artists select the winning entries. Winners are recognized both in their district and at an annual awards ceremony in Washington, DC. The winning works are displayed for one year at the U.S. Capitol.
How to Enter the 2017 Art Competition
- Contact your representative to confirm your district’s participation and obtain specific guidance.
- Review the 2017 Art Competition Rules and Regulations for Students and Teachers.
- The 2017 Student Information/Release Form must be completed. Visit your representative's website to request a copy or to complete the Form online
- Follow the 2017 Art Submission Checklist.
- Download the 2017 Student Release form
- Submit to your representative by the deadline specified on their website.