Member and Committee Offices
Position Available: Staff Assistant
Vacancy Announcement Number: MEM-075-17
Office/Location: District Office
Closing Date: April 9, 2017
Salary Level/Range: Commensurate with experience
Proposed Starting Date: Immediate
Congressman John Delaney is seeking a high energy, highly-organized, and detail oriented Staff Assistant for either his Gaithersburg or Hagerstown District Office.
• Provide staff coverage for the District Office, answer constituent phone calls and visits and oversee the handling of constituent correspondence.
• Review and assign incoming casework.
• Act as a liaison between constituents and other government agencies.
• Provide casework assistance to constituents in a timely and efficient manner; proactively follow up on all open cases until a resolution is reached.
• Train and supervise interns to handle routine office matters, such as incoming correspondence, visitors, telephone calls, and other issues that may arise.
• Maintain office supplies and equipment. Oversee the maintenance of the office organizational system.
• Handle other tasks as assigned.
• Thoroughness and careful attention to detail.
• Ability to work well under pressure while juggling multiple tasks with competing priorities.
• Ability to exercise discretion and independent judgment.
• Availability to work nights and weekends, if needed.
• Ability to work cooperatively and courteously with others.
• Strong oral and written communication skills.
• Thorough knowledge of legislative process.
• Knowledge of all issues and events in the district in which the Member is involved.
Applications will be accepted on a rolling basis until the position is filled. To apply, please email a resume and cover letter to MD06.Jobs@mail.house.gov. No phone calls or walk-ins please.