Frequently Asked Questions
- What is the purpose of this website?
- This site is designed to make available procurement-specific documents to vendors that are interested in doing business with the U.S. House of Representatives.
- What are your hours of operation?
- CAO Acquisitions Management is open from 8:30 AM until 5:30 PM, Monday through Friday, except on federal holidays. This website is open at all times.
- Does the House follow the Federal Acquisition Regulations (FAR)?
- No. The FAR regulates procurement practices for the executive branch of the federal government and its related agencies. The Guidelines for the Procurement of Goods and Services for the House of Representatives regulate the procurement practices of the House..
- How can my firm find out about upcoming House procurements?
- The House publishes all of its Requests for Proposals and Invitations for Bids in FedBizOpps and on this website to make those solicitations available to any interested individual or company. Current or "open" solicitations and any Requests for Information (Market Surveys) may be accessed at www.house.gov/content/vendors/.
- How can my firm get on the House vendor list?
- CAO Acquisitions Management does not compile or retain "vendor lists." Please refer to FedBizOpps or this website for any upcoming solicitations.
- How can my firm get its products on the "Approved" list?
- There is no "Approved" list at the House.
- Are there set-asides for small businesses? Minority-owned businesses? Women-owned businesses?
- No. The House conducts procurements that provide for maximum possible competition according to the Guidelines for the Procurement of Goods and Services for the House of Representatives.
- Where does my firm submit an Unsolicited Proposal?
- All unsolicited proposals should be submitted to
CAO Acquisitions Management
U.S. House of Representatives
Washington, DC 20515
Please be sure that your proposals are clearly marked "UNSOLICITED PROPOSAL" on all copies.
Contact us with your specific questions at (202) 225-2921.