Member and Committee Offices
Position Available: Internship
Vacancy Announcement Number: MEM-263-17
Office/Location: U.S. House of Representatives, Washington, D.C.
Closing Date: September 1, 2017
Salary Level/Range: Unpaid
Proposed Starting Date: Immediate
The Office of Congressman Paul Cook (CA-District 8), Vice Chairman of House Foreign Affairs Committee and member of House Armed Services Committee and House Natural Resources Committee, is pleased to announce vacancy for the position of Intern to begin August 2017 or as soon as possible. This opportunity will provide college level students or recent graduates hands on work with legislation regarding foreign policy, international relations, military affairs, and defense policy in a moderate Republican office. Interns will learn about the intricacies of the legislative branch and how the House of Representatives operates by attending hearings with the Congressman and preparing key research and legislation that the Congressman will review, in addition to other tasks listed below.
• Explore policy ideas and perform research projects
• Attend Congressional Hearings
• Work with staff on legislative research and drafting
• Answering telephones
• Lead constituent tours
• Other tasks as needed
• Good oral and written communication skills
• Ability to work in a group or with constituents and remain professional and courteous at all times.
• Good organizational skills
• Responsible and dependable
• Eager to learn attitude
If you would like to apply for our internship program please contact our Intern Coordinator, Bert Johnson, at Bert.Johnson@mail.house.gov with your Resume and availability range.