Member and Committee Offices
Position Available: Field Deputy
Vacancy Announcement Number: MEM-274-17
Office/Location: U.S. House of Representatives, Washington, D.C.
Closing Date: September 8, 2017
Salary Level/Range: Commensurate with experience
Proposed Starting Date: Immediate
Congressman Jimmy Gomez is seeking to immediately fill a full-time job opening for a Field Deputy position in his district office.
The Field Deputy serves as the congressman’s liaison with the community, local organizations and government agencies; staff and/or represent the congressman at events; advise the congressman about local issues; help organize community based meetings and events; implement proactive constituent outreach program; prepare Member for speeches and meetings; draft correspondence.
This position requires work hours beyond the normal 8-hour work day and will include work on weekends and holidays.
• Strong written, communication, analytical, and organization skills; an ability to relate well with individuals of diverse backgrounds; impeccable customer service manners; and superior public speaking skills.
• Minimum two (2) years of experience working directly with the community at large.
• Knowledge of the Asian Pacific Islander communities a plus.
• Good computer skills, including proficiency and experience with Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook, Publisher and Power Point.
• Bachelor’s degree required.
• Candidate must have a thorough understanding of government agencies and structure (local, county, state and federal).
• Must be able to work efficiently and effectively as a member of a team, be able to meet strict deadlines, balance multiple projects simultaneously and work under pressure.
• Attention to detail and accuracy is essential.
• Candidate should demonstrate a positive attitude, commitment to excellence, upbeat demeanor and flexibility.
• Candidate should expect weekend, some holidays, and after-hours assignments.
• Salary will depend on the experience of the applicant.
• Bilingual skills a plus.
All interested individuals should email a cover letter and resume to Gomez.CAjobs@mail.house.gov. No phone calls please.