Office of the Clerk
The Office of the Clerk for the U.S. House of Representatives is seeking a talented and energetic Software Engineer II to join a development and support team that is dedicated to building and enhancing systems for use by Members of Congress, Committees, other internal agencies and the public. This position will focus on supporting an existing Legislative Information Management System (LIMS) as well as participate in new system planning, analysis and development efforts. The successful candidate will be an experienced software developer who has working experience and knowledge of ADABAS database and Natural programming language in a Unix/Linux environment.
This candidate will be someone who takes initiative, enjoys finding solutions when presented with challenges, works to build strong working relationships with key stakeholders, is very detail-oriented, and takes pride in their work. This position requires the ability to work in a small workstation in an office environment without an expectation of privacy, where noise levels are usually moderate. Candidates must have a willingness to accept overtime on short notice and be available off-hours when needs arise. Interested parties must work well under pressure in a professional environment, cooperatively, while collaborating with others.
- A Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or related field, and equivalent work experience is preferred.
- Five or more years of experience working with ADABAS database and Natural programming language.
- A strong desire to research and study new emerging technologies for consideration in future and ongoing development efforts,
- Strong knowledge and experience with some of the following:
- Single Point of Development (SPoD) and Natural Studio
- Structured and Report Modes of Natural programming
- Batch Natural programming
- Predict Data Dictionary
- ADABAS utilities to maintain databases and files
- Installation and configuration of Software AG products in a Unix/Linux environment
- Unix/Linux Shell scripting
- Cron job scheduler
- Strong knowledge and experience with the following is a plus:
- EntireX Communicator
- Entire Connection
- Natural Business Services
- Extensible Markup Language (XML)
- Knowledge and experience with other software development platform is a plus:
- asp.net, c#, MVC, VB, Visual Studio
- NodeJS, Angular, Java Script
- A strong desire to research and study new emerging technologies for consideration in future and ongoing development efforts
No telephone inquiries please. Interested individuals may fax, mail, or email a cover letter and resume to:
The Office of the Clerk
Legislative Computer Systems
Attn: Mr. Dal Multani
2401 Rayburn House Office Building
Washington, D. C. 20515
Hiring for this position is governed by the Veterans Employment Opportunities Act. Applicants seeking veterans’ preference consideration should email email@example.com for further information.
Continued employment is contingent upon satisfactorily completing a criminal history records check. Employment with the U.S. House of Representatives is at-will. EOE.