Office of the Clerk
The Office of the Clerk for U.S. House of Representatives is seeking a dynamic and innovative Senior Software Engineer (Full Stack Developer) to join a development team that is dedicated to building and enhancing critical legislative systems used by Members of Congress, Committees, other internal agencies and the public. This position will focus on reengineering of systems that manage core legislative processes using contemporary technologies.
As an experienced Senior Software Engineer, the applicant must have the temperament to communicate with a variety of personalities in a tactful, pleasant and professional manner. The applicant must be someone who takes ownership of their work and is comfortable working with peers building software and congressional staff using their systems. The nature of the work requires that the candidates must be willing to work overtime as needed and adjust to Congressional schedules on short notice.
- A Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or related field, and equivalent work experience is preferred.
- Seven or more years of experience building applications and services while working in a team-oriented and collaborative environment.
- Experience with DevOps workflows such as GitHub, Git Flow or Azure DevOps.
- Experience with application development languages and frameworks based on JVM, .NET or NodeJs.
- Experience with web frameworks (e.g., Angular or React).
- Experience with enterprise data technologies such as JSON, XML, XML Schema, JSON-LD, RDBMS and NoSQL databases.
- Experience with publishing technologies such as XSLT and XML translation to web and print outputs.
- Experience with full text and search technologies such as Elastic or Solr.
- A desire to research and study new emerging technologies for consideration in future and ongoing development efforts.
No telephone inquiries please. Interested individuals may email a cover letter and resume to:
Mr. Andrew Doyle
Office of the Clerk
Legislative Computer Systems
U.S. House of Representatives
2401 Rayburn House Office Building
Washington, D. C. 20515
This position is located onsite.
Hiring for this position is governed by the Veterans Employment Opportunities Act. Applicants seeking veterans’ preference consideration should email firstname.lastname@example.org for further information.
Continued employment is contingent upon satisfactorily completing a criminal history records check. Employment with the U.S. House of Representatives is at-will. EOE.