Find Your Representative
Not sure of your congressional district or who your member is? This service will assist you by matching your ZIP code to your congressional district, with links to your member's website and contact page.
Please review the frequently asked questions if you have problems using this service.
Frequently Asked Questions
- Where can I find a list of public e-mail addresses for members of Congress?
- There is no central listing of member office public e-mail addresses. Each member of Congress establishes their office's policy related to the processing and management of e-mail. Generally, if a member has a public e-mail address, it can be found on the member's website. The office may list a public e-mail address or provide a form directly on the member's website. The U.S. House of Representatives does not provide a listing of public e-mail addresses for the elected Representatives.
- What should I do when I enter my ZIP code information and I get the wrong elected Representative?
- The Find Your Representative service matches the ZIP code information you provide with a list of congressional districts. If you receive an error due to a missing ZIP code or incorrect member information, please use the Contact Webmaster form to report the problem. Select the appropriate error category (Report an error in the Find Your Representative service.) and provide as much information as possible to assist us in researching the problem. Please be sure to include: Your Street Address, City, State and ZIP code, the member or congressional district information you are trying to reach and the member or congressional district the service is reporting that you feel is in error.
- Can I forward my message through the Contact Webmaster mailbox?
- No. The webmaster will not forward messages to congressional offices. If you are having problems contacting your representative, you can report the problem using the Contact Webmaster form, write or call your elected representative, or visit the member's website for alternate contact information.
- Are there alternative ways to reach my elected representative?
- If you know who your representative is but you are unable to contact them using their contact form, the Clerk of the House maintains addresses and phone numbers of all House members and Committees, or you may call (202)225-3121 for the U.S. House switchboard operator. In addition, you may choose to visit your member's website directly for further information.
- What is the proper form of address when I write my elected representative?
- There are several correct forms of address for a member of Congress including "The Honorable" and "Representative".
- The Find Your Representative service is provided as a public resource for identifying and contacting a constituent's elected representative. There is currently no restriction on a link being posted to the Find Your Representative page at https://www.house.gov/representatives/find/ to facilitate constituents in expressing their concerns and issues to their representative in Congress.