Office of the Chief Administrative Officer
The Office of the Chief Administrative Officer (CAO) provides operations support services and business solutions to the community of 10,000 House Members, Officers and staff. The CAO organization comprises more than 600 technical and administrative staff working in a variety of areas, including information technology, finance, budget management, human resources, payroll, child care, food and vending, procurement, logistics and administrative counsel.
Incumbent is responsible for supervising Computer Facility Operations (CFO) at the Redstone Turner location. Primary responsibility is to offer technical support at the data center by performing and assisting system/network installation, and troubleshooting to ensure optimum operation, and to coordinate team effort in accomplishing the work assignments. Secondary responsibility is to ensure physical security and environmental data center issues are addressed effectively in the House environment. Other responsibility areas include providing support to vendors and Member staff. Work in conjunction with HIR and applications technical staff to achieve 100% reliable, available, serviceable, and secure systems. Keep management apprised of all current and pending activities in the facility. This position requires 24x7 on-call support in response to trouble calls.
This position will provide on-site support for our Redstone Data Center. The position will serve many different departments within HIR such as: Data Center Operations, Networking, and Enterprise Operations.
The person filling this role will:
1. Offer technical support at the data center by performing system/network infrastructure installation, and assist with troubleshooting to ensure optimum operations.
2. Direct oversight responsibility for the monitoring of environmental and access controls and physical security of Computer Facility. Closely coordinates CFO activity with the Data Center Staff around environmental control and physical security.
3. Direct oversight of Power Strips, managing Power Alarms from dcTrack and working with NAF to resolve issues.
4. Maintain effective communications with all customers utilizing HIR Computer Facility Operations services
5. Direct oversight responsibility for the management of server equipment installation. This includes support and coordination with House offices and vendors wishing to place their systems in the data center.
6. Coordinate/assist with equipment moves in and out of the facility and annual inventory validation.
7. Ensures that all Computer Facility housekeeping tasks are performed, such as monthly cleaning of facility.
8. Interprets regulations and directives promulgated by higher authority and develops methods
and procedures to assure implementation and compliance.
9. Demonstrates willingness and cooperation in participating in matrix managed projects.
10. Maintain proper record of work operations, events, and logs to produce concise reports to management.
11. Maintains professional relationships with customers, management, colleagues and vendors and deliver high-quality customer service.
12. Maintains current diagrams and fiber optic cabling in assigned areas.
13. Performs other official duties as assigned.