Office of the Clerk
As an experienced Software Engineer, the applicant must have the temperament to communicate with a variety of personalities in a tactful, pleasant and professional manner. The applicant must be someone who takes initiative, enjoys finding solutions when presented with challenges, works to build strong working relationships with key stakeholders, is very detail-oriented, and takes pride in their work. Interested parties must work well under pressure in a professional environment, cooperatively, while collaborating with others. The nature of the work also requires that the candidates must be willing to work overtime and/or work after hours on a short notice as needs arise. This position is full time onsite at our location on Capitol Hill, Washington, DC. Limited telework is available depending on Congressional schedules.
• A Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or related field, and equivalent work experience is preferred.
• Minimum five years professional experience as a software engineer.
• Strong written and verbal communications skills.
• Experience developing microservices using ASP.NET or a similar framework such as Spring Boot. Experience developing applications using relational databases such as PostgreSQL, SQL Server, MySQL or Oracle.
• Experience building containerized applications using Docker and/or Kubernetes.
• Experience developing unit tests in Nunit or a similar testing framework.
• Experience building GraphQL APIs and using GraphQL frameworks such as Apollo.
• Experience working as part of an engineering team using agile processes and modern development workflows such as gitflow.
Qualified candidates please submit your resume online by following the instructions in this link: https://house.csod.com/ux/ats/careersite/1/home/requisition/200?c=house
This position is located onsite.
Hiring for this position is governed by the Veterans Employment Opportunities Act. Applicants seeking veterans’ preference consideration should email firstname.lastname@example.org for further information.
Continued employment is contingent upon satisfactorily completing a criminal history records check. Employment with the U.S. House of Representatives is at-will. EOE.