Office of the Chief Administrative Officer
The Office of the Chief Administrative Officer (CAO) provides operations support services and business solutions to the community of 10,000 House Members, Officers and staff. The CAO organization comprises more than 650 technical and administrative staff working in a variety of areas, including information technology, finance, budget management, human resources, payroll, child care, food and vending, procurement, logistics and administrative counsel.
The Application System Administrator shall support the daily system operations, maintenance, implementations, enhancements, and upgrades of the House’s ERP PeopleSoft application and related middle ware and applications, as well as subsequent versions and future applications. The incumbent will act as an application systems administrator with a primary focus on PeopleSoft Financials and assist with other applications, especially those integrated with PeopleSoft such as Oracle Identity Management applications and Oracle's Hyperion EPM application suite. The incumbent will facility and administer integrations with other systems, both on premises and in the cloud to include Business Intelligence and Spend Management. In addition the incumbent will support the implementation and administration of future initiatives.
The incumbent will work with team members who support the PeopleSoft software, servers, and associated databases.
Responsibilities include day-to-day management and support of the systems and servers, technical assistance with database administration services, patch release management, and advisory services for software maintenance and production operations. The position requires daily interaction with other House teams (e.g., enterprise operations staff, security staff, hardware/infrastructure staff, and data center staff) as well as the Enterprise Applications technical and functional teams.
1. PeopleSoft Financials application server administration.
2. Supporting all components of the related PeopleSoft Internet Architecture (PIA) including Oracle databases, tuxedo application servers on Unix, process schedulers on both Unix and NT and Weblogic configuration.
3. Assisting with the continued design, configuration, development, enhancement, build, integration, migration, patch, upgrade, monitor, testing, tuning, and deployment activities. Preparing for and build new instances, perform refreshes, and apply patches.
4. Installing and testing PeopleSoft patches, bundles, and service packs using PeopleSoft Update manager.
5. Providing troubleshooting for isolating technical problems and analyze issues and optimize SQRs, PeopleCode, Application Engine, COBOL, and other programs.
6. Writing and maintaining technical documentation and operations maintenance manuals.Adhering to configuration and change management as well as other policies and procedures.
7. Supporting administrative activities related to applications that integrate with PeopleSoft Financials: Oracle Access Manager, Oracle Unified Directory and the Hyperion EPM suite, including Public Sector Budget and Planning. Supporting the Stat application, server, and databases and assist with software migrations through the change control process.
8. Providing assistance to and work with teams and staff across the House including Financial Systems support, security, hardware/infrastructure, and data center. Assisting with evaluating additional functionality and tools and using current functionality and tools in other ways to increase the benefits of the application for the House.
9. Additional responsibilities include configuration and integration of the planned implementation of Procure to Pay, Invoice Management, and Travel and Expense application.
10. Performs other official duties as assigned.
At least three (3) years of experience in system administration of PeopleSoft ERP applications. Also required:
1. Knowledge and experience with PeopleSoft Financials;
2. Knowledge and experience installing and configuring PeopleSoft and related architecture including web, application, and database servers as well as middle ware;
3. Knowledge and experience applying bundles, patches and upgrades to PeopleSoft using PeopleSoft Update Manager & Change Assistant.
4. Knowledge and experience working with change management software to migrate changes.
Knowledge and experience with the following is a plus, but not required:
5. PeopleSoft in a Unix/Solaris and Linux/RedHat environment;
6. Working in an Oracle 12c/18c environment;
7. Oracle Enterprise Manager;
8. Using Stat, PUM & CA for change management;
9. Integrating PeopleSoft with other applications;
10. Oracle Access Manager, Oracle Unified Directory, Oracle EPM Cloud, COUPA Expense Management;
11. Disaster Recovery planning and execution;
12. Communicating effectively, both orally and in writing, and providing support to senior staff, information systems professionals, and non-technical users;
13. Identifying and pro-actively addressing problems/potential risks and implementing timely solutions;
14. Working collaboratively and fostering positive working relationships.
Qualified candidates please submit your resume online by following the instructions in this link: https://house.csod.com/ux/ats/careersite/3/home/requisition/274?c=house&Source=House
For information concerning the CAO’s collection of personal information, please see http://cao.house.gov/privacy.
Hiring for this position is governed by the Veteran's Employment Opportunities Act. Applicants seeking veterans’ preference consideration should contact a CAO Human Resources representative at CAOHumanResources@mail.house.gov for further information.
All applicants will be considered without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sex (including marital or parental status), disability, or age.
Continued employment is contingent upon satisfactorily completing a criminal history records check (or other applicable security clearance) and pre-employment drug-test (pre-identified position only).
Title 1 of the Ethics in Government Act of 1978, as amended (5 U.S.C app§ 101 et seq.) requires certain House employees to file Financial Disclosure Statements. For information please visit http://clerk.house.gov/public_disc/index.aspx.