Vendor Payments

CAO Office of Accounting

The House of Representatives requires a valid taxpayer identification number (TIN) from each vendor doing business with the House prior to issuing a payment or apply a 24 percent backup withholding on payments to vendors that do not provide a valid TIN.

The U.S. House of Representatives, in compliance with the Debt Collection Improvement Act of 1996, shall make payments to vendors via Electronic Funds Transfer (EFT). Current House procurement terms and conditions include this requirement.

To ensure prompt receipt of your payment, please complete the Payee/Company Information and Financial Institution Information in Sections II and III of the Substitute W-9 and ACH Vendor/Miscellaneous Payment Enrollment Form. The form must be signed and dated in Section IV.

The form may be

  • faxed to 202-225-6914,
  • emailed to, or
  • mailed to:

    U.S. House of Representatives
    CAO Office of Accounting
    Room 3110 O’Neill House Office Building
    Washington, DC 20515

For questions, please contact the CAO Office of Finance, Accounting Department EFT Help Line at 202-226-2277.